Important changes for .sk domain names
Please note that the Slovak registry SK-NIC has released new registration policies for .sk domains which will take effect on September 1, 2017.
There will be a maintenance for .sk from August 31 (20:00 UTC) until September 4 (06:00 UTC) during which no new registrations, renewals or other actions will be possible.
The following changes apply as of September 4 (06:00 UTC):
- Registration of .sk domains will not be limited to Slovak entities anymore. Registrants from EU, EEC or EEA are eligible to register.
- Fully automated registration process without any documents.
- Domains whose registrants fulfill the new local presence requirements and have used the trustee service so far will be automatically switched to the contact address of the real domain owner.
The implementation of further changes is still in progress such as:
- Domain registrations possible up to 10 years
- Domain transfer without transfer fee. However, the domain will be renewed for one year upon transfer.
We will inform you as soon as the release date for these updates is available.
Show all news