.tel: Lifting of DNS restrictions & new Telhosting platform on March 13
As we have already announced, DNS restrictions for .tel domains will be lifted on March 13 and a new (optional) Telhosting platform will be launched. The facts at a glance:
What will change on March 13?
- DNS and usage restrictions will be lifted, registrants will have free choice in terms of the hosting and use of their .tel. The registrants can add their own DNS data to a .tel domain.
- New optional Telhosting platform (managemy.tel) will be live and the current Telhosting platform will be shutdown.
- Up until now, the registrars have provided the customers with access to and support for the CTH. From March 13, 2017, Telnic will assume this responsibility and the registrars will no longer need to provide this support service. Thus, any Telhosting customer support requests should be referred to Telnic Support at email@example.com and they will handle them directly.
- As we are not responsible for the new Telhosting platform, the parameters X-TEL-USERNAME / X-TEL-PASSWORD will become obsolete. Our system will not be able to give any information on login data to the platform. If customers use the new platform and need support, they have to contact the registry directly.
- .tel deletions will be processed in real time.
- The registry will not be offering sub domain functionality in the new Telhosting platform. Should your customers wish to continue to host their domain on a similar version to the current Telhosting platform which incorporates sub domains, they are required to contact the registry at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to discuss the available options.
How to migrate content from the old Telhosting platform to the new one?
Telnic has provided all existing .tel domain holders with accounts for the new optional Telhosting platform to prepare their new Telhosting account in advance of the cutover.
Important: Content will NOT be migrated automatically! .tel domain owner data that resides on the current Telhosting system will not be accessible after March 13.
Any .tel domain owner that wishes to extract a copy of their data from the current system should run the BACKUP function from their current Telhosting account before this deadline. This will produce an XML file containing all of their data which can be used either as a reference for populating their new account or as a data source for populating an independent and separate 3rd party hosting solution.
Alle News anzeigen